This song kicks ass and we got an interview with the bacd, Laurel & the Love-In. This Nashville based rock band brings a gritty feel to the stage and we wish them all the best in their future music adventures! Here is “Got A Light”:
1. What is the inspiration for the single “Got a Light”
“Got a Light” is about entering into the sort of relationship that everyone knows will go down in flames, but you do it anyway because you know it’ll be a fun ride.
2. How did you get your start in music?
I started playing piano when I was 9 years old, and everyone told me I couldn’t sing, until one day I could.
3. How is the atmosphere in Nashville where you are constantly surrounded by music?
Nashville is the best place to be a musician right now. There’s so much amazing talent that it pushes everyone to be better musicians. That being said, it’s also a really supportive atmosphere because we’re all getting better together.
4. When can we expect to see the release of the upcoming album “Don’t Love Nobody”?
Don’t Love Nobody” will be out this spring, and the next single from the album will be out February 14.
5. Can you describe a favorite moment on stage that brings back some cool memories?
One moment that will forever stick out in my mind is when I was 18 and signing a cover by “the Cure,” at this place in California called Seaweed & Gravel. I looked out in the crowd and saw all these dudes in leather jackets staring back at me solemnly, and a giant man with dreads down to the floor had a single tear rolling down his cheek.
6. What are some of your favorite artists/bands making music today?
Alabama Shakes, Jack White, Cage the Elephant, Dr. Dog, Deap Vally, and Nelson Can are the bands willing to carry the mantle of rock n roll right now, and that’s really all I can ask for.